[ | | | 3 interested person(s) ]

My girlfriend's little sister bought me a Rolling Stone this weekend and I came across this cool little section called the top 10 downloads of 2005. While I had read that David Bowie admired The Aracde Fire's work. I did not see that he collaborated with them. The No.2 download of 2005 according to Rolling Stone is 'Wakeup' by David Bowie and The Arcade Fire.

The song is from The Arcade Fire's gold album Funeral (if you don't own this album run don't walk to the closest record store and buy it). The howling anthem with an ever-evolving beat takes on new life with what Rolling Stone characterizes as a "commanding vocal performance making it sound like the song was written for (Bowie)." The pairing of The Arcade Fire and David Bowie was part of a CBS Special, Fashion Rocks...and it certainly does with a cool matchups like this. Download the song below from iTunes the proceeds go to Hurricane Katrina Relief Efforts.

Buy from iTunes below (direct link to iTunes)
David Bowie and Arcade Fire--Wake Up(Live)

3 interested person(s)

Peen said... @ 12/30/2005 06:30:00 PM

The link to the song doesn't work. I will check back later.

Happy New Year!

K said... @ 12/30/2005 11:33:00 PM

thanks levi. song was a bit old. updated it with an iTunes list didnt realize the proceeds were going for Katrina Relief. So buy it instead.

Happy New Year to you Dude!!

Peen said... @ 12/31/2005 12:01:00 PM

Thanks man. I checked it out last night on itunes. Good stuff. I will have my wife put up a link on the blog today for the organization that makes the quilts.

Happy new year!

Post a Comment