[ | | | 0 interested person(s) ]

Here are the ten best records for 2009 according to me. Again, as always let me know what you think I missed, what I ranked too high or too low. Unlike the top tracks list I did try and place this one in order.


10. Diego Bernal - For Corners
9. Dam-Funk - Toeachizown Series (Vol. 1-5)
8. Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest
7. Brother Ali - Us
6. Washed Out - Life of Leisure
5. Junior Boys - Be Gone Dull Care
4. Phoenix -Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
3. Nosaj Thing - Drift
2. Mayer Hawthorne - Strange Arrangement
1. Lindstrom & Christabelle - Real Life is No Cool

I didn't overlook indie albums done by Animal Collective, the xx, or Girls. I am just not really into that sound. Nothing against those records I am sure they are fantastic but I personally didn't really get into them.

Indie records by Gossip and Atlas Sound were great but just didn't fit. There are hip hop albums by Mos Def, Raekwon Edan, Oh-No and Tanya Morgan that I didn't have room for along with other records of the electronic (James Pants, Gaslamp Killer) and the jazz variety. In all I do believe this list covers what I listened to most in 2009. Hope to hear from you. Peace.

photo by *Jónína*

0 interested person(s)

Post a Comment