[ | | | 0 interested person(s) ]

Second list down one more to go. Hard to rank 25 tracks in some type of logical order. Of course some of these tracks and be moved around, but overall this is what I was loving in 2007. With the Cool Kids, Pharoahe Monch, Aesop Rock, El-P, Kanye and Jay on the American Gangster soundtrack I thought 2007 was strong for hip hop. Sound of Silver and In Rainbows were two of the best albums to come out in the last 7 years. Great to see more electronic tracks and albums climbing up people's lists and some of what I think is over done indie music sliding. 2007 was a good year for music.

1. LCD Soundsystem - "All My Friends" (stream)
Yeah me and all the other bloggers out there pick this track as the number one track of the year. Boring? Sure but this track is undeniable. The frantic piano is one of my favorite openers of any track. Love the ode to Bowie video as well. When the album dropped I easily listened to this track 8 or 9 times on repeat.

2. Kanye West feat. T-Pain - "Good Life" (video)
Probably my favorite video of the year and it was my favorite track off the album. Nothing mind blowing here just great pop styled hip hop. T-Pain is a perfect match on this track. Probably better written and more complex beats out there but nothing beats this track for sheer catchiness.

3. Blue Scholars - Back Home (video)
Great sounding hip hop? Check. Political? Check. Two things I love in my hip hop. Great video too.

4. Pharoahe Monch - "Desire" (stream)
Love Alchemist's production on this and the passion that Monch brings to this track makes it stand out on what was a great record.

5. Aesop Rock - "None Shall Pass" (video)
Awesome video, awesome song. One of my favorite tracks of the year.

6. Radiohead - "House of Cards" (stream)
7. Burial - "Archangel" (mp3)
8. Justice - "Genesis" (stream)
9. M.I.A. - "Bird Flu" (video)
10. LCD Soundsystem - "Someone Great" (stream)
11. Santogold - "LES Artistes"(stream)

12. Timberland feat. Keri Hilson - "The Way I Are" (video)
Overplayed? Yes. But the beats on this song were my favorite of the year. Great work by Danja. Its unfortunate that this record over all was a bit poor since this track along with "Give It to Me" were so strong. Tracks with the Hives, She Wants Revenge and Fallout Boy were weird and ruined the record for me.

12. Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings - "I'm Not Gonna Cry" (stream)
Best soul track of the year. Love Sharon Jones and this one is such a damn good track. Too bad this record isn't getting the attention that Back in Black is getting. Its a better record.

13. Collie Buddz - "Come Around"(video)
13. Devin the Dude feat. Andre 3000 and Snoop Dogg - "What a Job" (stream)
14. Feist: 1 2 3 4 (stream)
15. Kanye West - "Can't Tell Me Nothing" (video)
16. Cool Kids - "I Rock" (stream)
17. Simian Mobile Disco - "I Believe"
18. The White Stripes - "Rag and Bone"
19. Rhianna - "Umbrella"
20. Amy Winehouse - "Tears Dry on Their Own" (video)
21. M.I.A. - "Boyz" (video)
22. UGK feat. Outkast-"Int'l Players Anthem (I Choose You)" (video)
23. Tobias Thomas - "Bleed"
24. Radiohead - "All I Need" (stream)

25. Little Brother - "Good Clothes" (stream)
Funny and just classic Little Brother. Great record that didn't get much attention.

0 interested person(s)

Post a Comment