[ | | | 3 interested person(s) ]

Spent a large portion of my high school and some of my college years hiding my love for 80s smooth burners. I'd be rocking some Christopher Cross or Level 42 then as soon as I'd pick anyone up be sure to switch it up before they got in the car.

It wasn't until I started checking in on the Hollerboard that I realized that there was no need to be ashamed. There are lots of people out there with a love for Alan Parsons Project or some Bruce Hornsby and the Range. This type of music might be classified best by Cosmo Baker as "white heat." Whatever it is, its nice to know that all those years of ridicule and shame over listening to this brand of music, the white 80s smooth rock there were others suffering as well.

Check out Low Bee's "Smooth Holiday" mix that he made which is 60 solid minutes of "white heat" with appearances by Chistopher Cross, Toto, Alan Parsons Project, Steely Dan, Hall & Oats, Michael McDonald and others.

Mp3: DJ Low Bee - "Smooth Holiday Mix" (62:37 mins/63.7 mbs)
Bonus Mp3: Damien Marley - "Jamrock" (Low Bee Club Mix)

Visit: Make sure you swing by Low Bee's website or get some of his records here.

3 interested person(s)

Anonymous said... @ 1/19/2007 10:17:00 AM

I heard that Toto "Africa" shit about 2:00 minutes in and had to cut it off.....I likes me some cheese but that's just NOT RIGHT!

Anonymous said... @ 1/19/2007 01:19:00 PM

haha. some people just cant appreciate the finer things in life silk ;)

All Your Blog Are Belong to Us said... @ 1/19/2007 03:36:00 PM

Right on maan. Cosmo Baker will be at Sonar in Baltimore tonight!

And on Feb. 28th. Clipse and Low Budget.

Glad my city can represent proper. Love your blog. Keep it up!

Post a Comment