[ | | | 2 interested person(s) ]

I have an old Tommy Guerrero record from his Mo Wax days kicking around here someplace. I'd largely forgotten about him till I saw he had a new record Soil to the Soul, out on Quannum. He's probably best known for his part in "the Bones Brigade" a legendary 80's skate team (pic above). My favorite album of his is Soul Food Taqueria which dropped in 2003 but I have really liked most of his stuff overall.

This new disk is jammy and very funky. Worth checking out if you're interested.

Mp3: Tommy Guerrero - "Badder than Bullets"

Buy: Guerrero's catalog is available at emusic.

2 interested person(s)

Anonymous said... @ 10/19/2006 07:11:00 AM

I really like Loose Grooves and Bastard Blues, mostly acoustic. I haven't heard that Soul Food one yet. I really didn't like the one he did with Gadget - Hoy Yen Ass'n. This one sounds better.

Anonymous said... @ 10/25/2006 09:24:00 AM

I hit a deer while listening to this CD, so obviously there's some deep soul / spirit on this one. Good choice. Best, fONk

Post a Comment