[ | | | 0 interested person(s) ]

The National Society of Film Critics released its picks for 2005 for best movie and Capote took top honors. Sound familiar? Well if you have been with me since the beginning you'll recall my picks. I picked Capote all the way back on Dec. 14th! Hows that. Next stop film school or learn-to-write-film-reviews school...or not.

New predictions for the Academy Awards aka Oscars?

  • Sticking with Capote for best picture.
  • Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Capote, Best Actor.
  • Paul Giamatti, Cinderella Man, Best Supporting Actor.
  • Michelle Williams, Brokeback Mountain, Best Supporting Actress, (Maria Bello in A History of Violence is amazing as well).
  • Grizzly Man, Best Documentary, (March of the Penguins and Murderball will be tough).
  • David Cronenberg, A History of Violence, Best Director (Ang Lee will is the favorite still think A History of Violence is better directed).
  • Crash Best Screenplay.
  • All the special effect type awards are going to King Kong.


Maybe more later...

See if I can get lucky again. Just so you don't think I'm a shovanist pig I should mention that I didn't list best Actress because the major ones nominated I hadn't seen their movies (North Country, Walk the Line, Transamerica). The awards should be interesting since they are going to be hosted by Jon Stewart. Check them out on March 5th, or not if you don't like movies or television and just enjoy reading books and sipping tea.

Read the LA Times Article:
'Capote' Breaks 'Brokeback' Streak by Susan King

0 interested person(s)

Post a Comment