[ | | | 2 interested person(s) ]

I've been noticing that a lot of electronic acts are sampling R&B songs from the 90s. It makes sense considering the new generation of producers are sampling what they grew up on. Just like the producers who've been in the game longer were sampling old soul and disco tracks.

Here are some examples of where I've observed this trend:
The Weeknd - What You Need by The_Weeknd
James Blake - CMYK

More:

2 interested person(s)

bobby teenager said... @ 4/05/2011 01:31:00 PM

respect! 90s r&b is definitely sample of choice for all these new artists, especially the grime/garage guys like canblaster, teed, jacquest greene, etc.

i couldn't be happier, though;)

melenie said... @ 4/08/2011 07:38:00 PM

@bobby_teenager: glad you liked the post, I grew up on 90s R&B, so I'm loving that I can identify the samples ;)!

Which songs from canblaster and teed were you thinking of? I want to hear!

Post a Comment