[ | | | 1 interested person(s) ]

Happy New Year to everybody. Time for every blogger's period of self indulgence of posting our favorite tracks with our favorite remixes to follow. As representative of this blog we are all over the place in terms of musical genres. A bit of hip hop, some electronic, pop, house and rock. Let us know what you think.

If you post your top 3 tracks on our Facebook and we will pick one lucky person to receive a bunch of random records and cds we have laying around amongst the baby toys.

Tensnake was in heavy rotation in 2010. It was hard to pick just one track as everything he does is awesome. "Get Right" stands out amongst some amazing electronica/disco this year. Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs (TEED) aside from having the most amazing name in music hit it big with "Garden" which is one of the most beautiful and moving tracks of the year. Easy to listen to over and over again.

I was about to make Aloe Blacc's track "I Need A Dollar" not the best track of the year but was promptly told by my co-contributor, his wife and my wife that I would be a damn fool if I chose anything but this classic. I came to my senses and made Mr. Blacc's hit the best track of the year and I feel good about that.

Aeroplane's record was one of my favorite of the year and "We Can't Fly" is my favorite track off that record. Roots and Kanye West keep hip-hop fresh with two epic releases. "How I Got Over" gets my vote for video of the year and "Power" takes the take for hip-hop anthem of the year. Let me know what you think about the rest.
  1. Aloe Blacc - I Need A Dollar by stonesthrow
  2. Tensnake - "Get Right"
  3. Garden (edit) by T-E-E-D
  4. Aeroplane - "We Can't Fly"
  5. Roots - "How I Got Over"
  6. Kanye West - "Power"
  7. Nas and Damian Marley - "As We Enter"
  8. Penguin Prison - "The Worse It Gets"
  9. EL GUINCHO / FM Tan Sexy by Young Turks
  10. Nosaj Thing - "Nighcrawler"
  11. Onra feat. Reggie B - "High Hopes"
  12. Breakbot feat. Irfane - "Baby I'm Yours"
  13. Lord of Isles - "Miles to My House"
  14. Reflection Eternal feat. Bun B - "Strangers (Paranoid)"
  15. Big Boi - "Night Night"
  16. Robyn - "Dancing On My Own"
  17. Pantha Du Prince - "The Splendour"
  18. Chilly Gonzales - "We Can Dance"
  19. Reset! - "If We Try"
  20. Chromeo - "Don't Turn the Lights On"
  21. Gold Panda - "Same Dream China"
  22. Star Slinger - Mornin' by Star Slinger
  23. Mark Ronson feat. Boy George - "Somebody to Love Me"
  24. SBTRKT - "Step Into Shadows"
  25. The Count & Sinden - After Dark (Featuring Mystery Jets)
photo by kisolomonng.

1 interested person(s)

msbond said... @ 1/04/2011 10:18:00 AM

nice! I missed a lot of these the first time around.

Post a Comment