[ | | | 0 interested person(s) ]

I first saw Starf*cker back in April, 2008 here in Seattle when they opened for Yelle (who was brilliant, by the way) at the now-defunct War Room, and I hadn't heard a thing about them except that they were from Portland. When they set up just a synth and two live drummers, I raised an eyebrow, but as soon as they started playing it was obvious Starf*cker had some serious raw talent. After the show, the singer walked around the crowd selling their EP in DIY cardboard sleeve with a stamp on it, and I bought it on the spot. It spent the next three weeks on solid repeat in my stereo. A few months later, I was flipping through channels and heard my favorite Starf*cker song in a Target commercial. And you know what? All I thought was "Hell yeah. They deserve it!"

Don't miss their tracks--they're getting hotter by the day. Also check out the cover of Cyndi Lauper. Starf*cker recorded a limited edition pink 7" single and two short-run vinyl LP's on the Badman label. Each piece of vinyl included tracks that were not released digitally. These are now making these five "b-sides" available as a digital only EP entitled B-Sides.
Rawnald Gregory Erickson the Second by starfucker_usa
Girls Just Want To Have Fun by starfucker_usa


photo by sarah cass.

0 interested person(s)

Post a Comment