[ | | | 0 interested person(s) ]

Amid a white-hot hipster explosion of neon Oakleys and ironic mustaches, Yeasayer threw down an impressive set. Yeasayer was one of my most anticipated shows for the weekend, and as soon I saw the keyboardist walk out in a what looked like a medieval cowl I knew we were in business.

But it wasn't until the wailing, techno-Garcia howl of Holy F*ck that I knew we had achieved liftoff. Just as the sun was setting, the spaced-out jams provided the perfect soundtrack for the eclectic crowd. This band is like the result of some forbidden laboratory experiment, a Crystal Method/String Cheese Incident incident.

Day 1 is done, but I'm already hyped for tonight's sets from !!!, Blitzen Trapper, THEESatisfaction, Atmosphere, State of the Artist, and a few acts I don't even know I like yet. Whoa.

Photos by Curt Doughty and Bobby McHugh.

0 interested person(s)

Post a Comment