[ | | | 0 interested person(s) ]

After Pitchfork and before Lollapalooza there is Wicker Park Festival on July 25th to the 26th. A musical collage of some very diverse artists in the best neighborhood in Chicago. This year is no less eclectic than the past incarnations with music ranging from rock to dub to hip hop to electronic. Daedelus and Nomo put on some great shows in years past and this year I am especially excited about a couple of events. One is seeing one of my favorite bands Junior Boys play, another is seeing the up and coming emcee Mickey Factz (with perhaps a Cool Kids sighting? this is Chicago).


I missed Pitchfork being in New York last weekend (again Lindstrøm slips avoids my listening ears) and Lollapalooza isn't really worth the money for me with the headliners it has, so this is my summer festival this year in Chicago. I am also looking forward to checking out Jamie Lidell's DJ set at Congress Theater on Saturday night.

All in all it should be a very good weekend for music. Hope to see all of you in Wicker Park. Connect with me on twitter if you are in the area. Peace.

0 interested person(s)

Post a Comment