[ | | | 5 interested person(s) ]

I missed this record unfortunately. Not sure what I was doing at the beginning of November but I sure as hell wasn't paying attention. Maybe it was the saturation of PE stuff being put out (Bring That Beat Back & Rebirth of a Nation) but that's no excuse for missing this record.

Beats and Places is a Public Enemy collection of "the unleashed and the unreleased." According to Jared Jefferies of AMG this album isn't really leftovers "they're venom-filled, immediate cuts originally set free on the Internet in hopes of viral destruction." That couldn't be more on point. Check out a couple of my favorites:

Mp3: Public Enemy - "Grand Theft Oil"
Mp3: Public Enemy - "Hell No, We Ain't Alright"

Don't overlook this record like I did. It's definitely worth the purchase especially if you are into the PE sound of the early days, that rebel music of outrage and unrest.

Buy: Get Beats and Places here and here.

5 interested person(s)

Anonymous said... @ 1/05/2007 08:17:00 AM

love some p.e. thanks for this .

K said... @ 1/05/2007 08:39:00 AM

finally a comment! i was getting depressed.

troy. said... @ 1/05/2007 10:29:00 AM

Minor Threat!!!! Love the pic!
BTW: I looked up old skool in Webster's and I found this pic!

K said... @ 1/05/2007 10:54:00 AM

gotta love chuck's hat in this shot.

Anonymous said... @ 1/08/2007 12:22:00 AM

I first saw that picture when I was about 14, and the angsty little punk rocker that I was became an instant p.e. fan. Then I actually heard em, and the rest is history. greaaat post.

Post a Comment