[ | | | 2 interested person(s) ]

Well it appears that the Supersonics are gone. Reports are that they have been sold to an ownership group in Oklahoma. I was a Sonics fan really before I was a fan of any sports team but it looks like by default I am now a Bulls and Sonics Blazers fan? Huh. Well I guess the Blazers are coached by Mr. Sonic himself so its not too much of a stretch and they have Brandon Roy as well so there is definitely Washington flavor there.

It does look like there might be some legal battles ahead given that the team has a lease on Key Arena that goes through 2010. Hmm this could be interesting. Now if I can only find that Sir Mix-A-Lot's song "Who's the Kings of the Westside!?" Sadly it might no longer be the Sonics.

2 interested person(s)

Peen said... @ 7/18/2006 09:58:00 PM

It is a sad situation really and it might kill my last remaining desire to watch the NBA. Oh well more free time in the winter.

Flatlander said... @ 7/21/2006 11:16:00 AM

First Boeing ditches Seattle and now the team who adopted their name from Boeing is going to leave. Damn.

Have you ever been to Oklahoma City? It's a tiny shithole of a city. My friend was stationed at the air base there in the early 90's. He lived within the city limits and the place looked more rural than Montpelier.

That franchise will fail in OK City.

Post a Comment