[ | | | 1 interested person(s) ]

Ubiquity Records has long been a staple for my music selecting. Their compiliations and some of the people and records they dig up (read Darondo) are unbelievable. That rare groove they specialize in is unparalled. Did I mention that their compliations are awesome? I think I did. On top of all this they have some great threads.

If you are a doubter pick up Darondo's Set My People Free or Giles Peterson Digs America and you will be a believer. The latest Ubiquity pick up for me was Rewind 5. Rewind V.5 Original Classics. Re-Worked, Remixed, and Rewound has some great tracks. While I didn't find it to be the strongest of compiliations that I have purchased from Ubiquity but you can't go wrong with a series that ?uestlove claims is his "favorite compiliation series" or URB magazine calls "what remixes should aspire to." Definately some dope tracks on here. Check out my favorites.

Mp3: The Rebirth - "Handle It" (The Sylvers)*
Mp3: El Michels Affair - "Walk On By" (Burt Bacharach)

Buy this record here or buy some of the other Ubiquity stuff here. Don't be cheap its on eMusic too.

1 interested person(s)

Djlethal01 said... @ 5/31/2006 10:24:00 PM

I actually copped the El Michels Affiar album after they had the show off of XM where they backed up the wu-tang, they are sick. Also check out the dub trio, similar stuff.

Post a Comment