[ | | | 6 interested person(s) ]

Trying to find an urban planner position is no walk in the park. I have sent out about 10 applications and no a reply. Surely applying to schools and applying to jobs is a humbling experience. You rock the books in college and graduate school to find that its tough out there for an urban planner. Real thing I found is you can't get discouraged and you need to stay positive.

If anyone is looking for a planner on the cheap let me know. You also might be asking what the robot has to do with finding a job. The answer. Nothing I just liked the picture. Well maybe the robot signifies the job market and me the person he is squishing between his metallic grip...or not.

The time is ticking I have 3 more months on my current job, always better to find a job while you have one.

6 interested person(s)

Unknown said... @ 3/21/2006 10:43:00 AM

Good luck man, I know how tough it is to find work after kicking ass in school. I guess 4.0's and masters degrees just don't cut it "out there."

Anonymous said... @ 3/21/2006 02:33:00 PM

Good luck on the job hunt. It is the major suckage.

I hit rockbottom last year in Florida. We absolutely had to have a second income and I couldn't get a job I was qualified for and was having a hard time getting callbacks for ones I was overqualified for.

Despite being college educated, two jobs I worked temporarily in 2005:

1. Leasing agent at a ghetto apartment complex.

2. Office assistant at a rural trailerpark.

TOTALLY HUMBLING. I hated every minute of it.

Here's hoping you have better luck!

K said... @ 3/21/2006 08:34:00 PM

Thanks for the kind words fellas I appreciate it.

DJ durutti said... @ 3/22/2006 12:29:00 AM

Yo K --

check yr email. I have a planning contact for you (Chi-Town born & bred) now in NYC.

jds said... @ 3/22/2006 08:07:00 AM

I think I applied to two dozen planning jobs in eight months before I landed this one. I totally thought getting a job in this specialized field would be easier (especially given the "top tier planning school," experience, etc) but it's not. It is the total suckage. That's one of the reason's I'm not so eager to move beyond.

Anonymous said... @ 3/24/2006 05:09:00 AM

The definition of job hunting is human degradation, abuse, and torture. Talk about humaan rights violations that should be investigated starts with every personnel office in the country.

Bob

Post a Comment