[ | | | 2 interested person(s) ]

...is Dr. Phil. I know that all 2 of my readers were thinking it was going to be GW, but no. There is nobody that seems to thwart me at every turn, to drive me to such irrational anger. He's my Lex Luthor, my Riddler, my Dr. Doom, my Magneto, ok I probably have just shattered my sense of "cool" by naming so many comic book villains but I continue...

Phil McGraw is the hottest new self-helper on confessional TV. A Texan (only increases my disgust) and litigation consultant (yes, people pay for his services for courtroom advice to the tune of $29,500 a day) who brings about memories of such gurus as John Bradshaw, Deepak Chopra, and Steven Covey, is making a killing. An absolute killing on stating the obvious. The most recent Dr. Phil sighting is in Match.com commercials. I swear this guy acts like he is all knowing (perhaps that is his notable super villain power?).

Go no further than his notable catch phrases...
"Let's do it."
"I want you to get excited about your life."
"If you're gonna talk to me, you're gonna have to be honest."
"This is gonna be a changing day in your life!"
"How's that workin' for you?"
"Are you stupid?!?"

Wow sounds like a great Doctor to me. I need to use "Are you stupid?" more in my relationship. It's really great for therapy purposes I bet. If you are going to talk to me you are going to have to be honest? Are you serious? Isn't this just an assumed thing...maybe like kryptonite Dr. Phil's weakness is stating the obvious.

Like most archnemisis Dr. Phil is a towering figure. At 6'4, 230 pounds he is Dr. Laura with a mustache (it should be noted that "Dr." Laura isn't a real doctor). Dr. Phil has even gone so far as writing a book and having a program on dieting. Who the hell does he think he is? Has he looked in the mirror? He is definitely no John Bastow that's for damn sure.

I just find Dr. Phil self help a bunch of garbage. He is exploitive in that his show, his books, and his rhetoric are all driven by money and not by trying to make people better or solving problems. Like the typical villain he cares for nothing but himself. Call me Tom Cruise, but this guy is a joke and I don't find anyone on the planet more annoying than this "pychologist."

The latest ridiculous money making scheme my super villain has concocted is some type of Valentines show with Paula Abdul.

Video: Dr. Phil and Larry King get prank called on the Larry King show.

2 interested person(s)

Anonymous said... @ 2/10/2006 12:21:00 PM

My poor mother-in-law is all about some Dr. Phil. She's always suggesting my wife and I watch.

Of course, she also thinks 90% of Americans are drug using, sex addicted sociopaths...so it's not really surprising that she likes Dr. Phil.

Anonymous said... @ 2/10/2006 06:31:00 PM

Capitalism brings out all the money grubbers who will do anything to make a buck.

Where do I sign up for the Dr. Phil Mustache club??

Funny stuff K.

Post a Comment