[ | | | 0 interested person(s) ]

No I am not talking about the Bonobo (Pan paniscus), sometimes called the Pygmy Chimpanzee, and less often the Dwarf or Gracile Chimpanzee OR am I talking about the next flu type hysteria being drummed up by the powers that be to scare us all into a panic of submission ala african killer bees, sars, mad cow, or bird flu.

This is no red herring. Its the new Bonobo record. Bonobo, or Simon Green in real life, is a downtempo Brit DJ, hailing from Brighton, UK. I picked up Animal Magic his first LP on a whim last year and had it on constant replay for quite some time. It is one of the better downtempo "chill-out" discs I own (and I own quite a few).

Anyway back to my story. So, I haven't really been following our good ole monkey man much and never even got around to his second release Dial M for Monkey (clever! get the Hitchcock ref there?Which coincidently was better reviewed by AMG), but was startled to see somebody pick up a Bonobo record I hadn't heard of as I was in Pure Pop (a great record store in Burlington) buying Holiday gifts. His latest is part of Ninja Tune's Solid Steel series, which if you haven't heard is some great DJ stuff and good listening.

I was curious about this new Bonobo disc so I searched a bit on the internets (yes I do know of Bush's highly classified second net) and without much work ran across this track on Scissorkick's mp3 blog. Take a listen.

Bonobo-Change Down/The Sugar Rhyme

I'll post some more if I can find some. Bonobo has some great music, especially if you are looking for some background ambiance or studying/reading tunes. Buy his cd or cds from Insound or Ninja Tune.

0 interested person(s)

Post a Comment