[ | | | 3 interested person(s) ]

Very special Friday as I bring you one of my favorite all time reggae artists, Johnny Osbourne. Osbourne is responsible for two of my favorite reggae tracks "Ice Cream Love" and "Water Pumping"(which is an adaptation of Hopeton Lewis' who we have already discussed "Take It Easy" track). Osbourne born and raised in Jones Town has been making reggae music for 25-years and hasn't slowed down yet.


Osbourne second album, his 1974 album Truth and Rights produced by C.S. Dodd is my personal favorite. While it lacks the hits I mention before its a standout in my mind in the roots reggae genre. "You know the truth and rights, teach it to the children." Check out the title track off the album.








Mp3: Johnny Osbourne - "Truth to Rights"

Have a great weekend all. Peace!

3 interested person(s)

Anonymous said... @ 9/12/2008 07:04:00 PM

that's chubby! thanks for the roots. respect in every aspect.

dom said... @ 10/01/2008 12:26:00 AM

its truth and rights mate

K said... @ 10/01/2008 12:27:00 PM

oops thanks. fixed.

Post a Comment