[ | | | 5 interested person(s) ]

So has you probably already know The Streets released a new record GvB, Call Me Mickey, So Much Silence etc. etc. were all over it weeks ago. Anyways I just got the chance to give it a proper listen to and its pretty good (no Original Pirate Materail but good). I am not going to go crazy about Mike Skinner, I just don't dig him as much as others.

My favorite track:
Mp3: The Streets - "Never Went to Church"
Buy: The Streets' The Hardest Way to Make A Living.

Yeah this is an unbelievable post by Call Me Mickey...MF Doom, Ace, Kool Keith (now Mr. Nogatco), Mobb Deep....remixes? man the guy knows his stuff. That Mr. Nogatco track featuring one of my favorite MCs (Sage Francis) is ridiculous, simply ridiculous...love it.

Also head over to Palms Out sound and grab that Roots cover of Din Da Da. Ohh and that latest remix post isn't too shabby either. Love that Hot Chip remix.

Another remix of Aesop Rock's 11:35 that is pretty damn good...emphasis on pretty. Check it out here (thx Anon).

5 interested person(s)

Eric said... @ 4/25/2006 06:45:00 PM

I like Skinner a lot. I think his last record was quite compelling. He is more a storyteller than a rapper with any sort of flow whatsoever.

K. said... @ 4/25/2006 07:31:00 PM

I agree with you on the story telling erik. I am loving this track that i posted.

Anonymous said... @ 4/26/2006 11:20:00 PM


I loved the church song too.

Dodge said... @ 4/27/2006 02:10:00 PM



K. said... @ 4/27/2006 03:28:00 PM

Barton Fink reference! thanks for that link dodge.

Stylus was not a fan of that Album at all I think they gave it a D or D+.

Post a Comment