[ | | | 5 interested person(s) ]

Yeah it is an awkward title I couldn't think of a better way to put it. Anyways following wide acclaim from their Deep Cuts LP The Knife are set to release their new album Silent Shout. The Knife is powered by the Swedish siblings, Olof Dreijer and Karin Dreijer Andersson. I loved Deep Cuts and haven't listened to enough of Silent Shout to come to a conclusion.

Pitchfork is all about them giving the new LP an 8.6. They even go so far as to compare it to Radiohead's Kid A (which received a perfect score). Chris of Gorilla v. Bear loves them and I would say the same after buying and listening to Deep Cuts. I think I like Deep Cuts better but maybe I just haven't given the latest enough of a listen. Or I am a jackass who doesn't know the intricacies of good music.

Well listening to Silent Shout the only adjective that comes to mind is haunting. Karin's vocals are best desribed as creepy. Track 1 and 3 are the stuff of nightmares. But I think being creepy is very much a part of their look. Made evident by the single's cover and their propensity to appear masked and hooded. Anyways enough of my crappy musical reviews and attempting to know what I am talking about and on to the music.

01 - Silent Shout (4:56) [here]
02 - Neverland (3:41) [here]
03 - The Captain (6:11) [mp3]
04 - We Share Our Mothers' Health (4:14) [mp3]
05 - Na Na Na (2:30) [mp3]
06 - Marble House (5:21)
07 - Like A Pen (6:16) [mp3]
08 - From Off To On (4:00) [mp3]
09 - Forest Families (4:11)
10 - One Hit (4:30)
11 - Still Light (3:16) [here]

Buy Silent Shout and/or Deep Cuts here.

I have more tracks if people want more tracks let me know. However, I refuse to post the entire album.

I will add two more tracks this weekend given the feedback I have gotten.

5 interested person(s)

Anonymous said... @ 2/17/2006 08:40:00 AM

Loving these guys. Came from Gorilla v. Bear first time on the site great content.

mad said... @ 2/17/2006 09:16:00 AM

love this band.

and though pitchfork can be annoying sometimes, their term "haunted house" for this album is pretty damn brilliant. if you want to post more, please do :o)

Goose said... @ 2/19/2006 10:21:00 AM

I always debate about whether or not to offer up all the tracks. Sometimes I'm like "well this is just too good to deny people" but other times I'm like "well I should be helping to promote the band's music, not giving it away." Always a tough decision on my part.

Anonymous said... @ 2/19/2006 08:17:00 PM

Thanks the extra tracks are sweet. Appreciated K.

carrie said... @ 10/06/2006 09:17:00 AM

the knife is my absoulte favorite band. the beat and lyrics make you feel sexy and entergetic. if any one has some more mp3 to share it would be lovely. make old computer with all my tunes crashed and burned. sad sad day it was. email me younghearsfailed@gmail.com cheers!

Post a Comment